New Rider Training Course
Compulsory Basic Training
CBT'S at Crawley, Burgess Hill & East Grinstead, Just £130 including bike hire!
CBT's Monday - Sunday just £130 including bike hire - No weekend surcharge or hidden bike hire with MTS!!!!
Treat yourself to a Back To Biking day it's never too late!
Enjoyable, Professional but FUN Rider Training
Due to the latest Government Covid-19 restrictions we are closed until Sussex returns to a Tier 3 or lower.
If your training is during lockdown please do not attend as your training/tests are on hold until the restriction is lifted, at which point we will be in touch to reschedule you.
If we return to tier 3 before your training starts, please attend as planned – your training/tests will not be affected.
If after Burgess Hill returns to a tier 3, your licence is registered in a tier 4 area you will not be allowed to complete your training as per DVSA guidelines (even if it is an old/out of date address) so please email us if this happens.
If you have a NRTC/CBT booked please refer to your last email (30/12/20) which contains rescheduling information.
Politely we advise you the office is shut during lockdown, if your enquiry is regarding anything other than rescheduling, please email us at ‘[email protected]‘ and we will respond as soon a we can. Please do not enquire about rescheduling your current training, whilst we appreciate you are eager to know when this will happen, we are unable to answer until the restriction is lifted. Do rest assured we will be in touch as soon as we possible.
NRTC/CBT can be booked online. Should you book and the date fall into another/extended lockdown we will reschedule you without any additional cost.
REGARDING THEORY TESTS, MOD1’S ALREADY PASSED & CBT’S: if they expire during this lockdown you will have to renew them, the government will not extend any of them. Please be aware, if you have full licence training and tests (A1, A2 & DAS) booked and your theory or CBT expire during lockdown you will have to renew them prior to us rescheduling your course.
If you have passed the Mod1 but it expires during lockdown, you will have to pass the Mod1 again prior to completing the Mod2, and if your theory expires, it also means your Mod1 expires with it, so both will have to be completed again prior to taking a Mod2. Similarly, they will not allow any key / critical worker training/tests throughout lockdown.
Team MTS thank you for your patience and understanding through this situation, we look forward to training with you in the future.
We'll take you through your New Rider Training, CBT, A1, A2 and DAS training with an uncompromising passion for safety and quality instruction. We have a great reputation as a friendly school and we really get to know our students. Although riding makes sense economically and has less environmental impact, we never forget it also puts a smile on your face, so whether you are completely new to riding, looking for post test training, or someone returning to motorcycling, we can help you succeed without breaking the bank!
Why Take Your Motorbike Training With Us?
There are plenty of reasons MTS is the motorcycle school to get you on the road, through your test and beyond…
- We're a family run training school that takes pride in providing effective training at realistic prices with excellent pass rates for ladies and men, young and 'not so young' riders.
- We have a new fleet of Yamaha MT-07's (including a few lowered for the vertically challenged) for our DAS & A2, as well as Suzuki 500's. Our Yamaha YBR's and custom YBR's along with our Piaggio, Sym, Sinnis and Yamaha auto's are perfect for CBT's and A1 auto licences.
- Our free assessments ensure you only get the motorbike lessons you need, saving you time and money.
- Our prices include instruction, bike use, and if you don't have your own you can use our helmets, jackets and gloves too. Our package prices include CBT & both Module 1 & 2 test fees which can be taken on the same day or split to take the pressure off (just be sure to ask for this option when you book!)
- We are the only motorcycle training school with New Rider Training & CBT training facilities in East Grinstead, Crawley and Burgess Hill, and have the largest safe New Rider Training and CBT enclosures in the whole of West Sussex, with fully equipped classrooms, kitchens (on site cafe at Burgess Hill) and toilets, so you have everything in one place! And between the sites we run CBT courses week days as well as weekends at no extra cost.
- Our full motorcycle licence courses run 7 days a week from our site in Hassocks, part of Burgess Hill, we also cover all surrounding areas including Haywards Heath and Crawley.
- Our male & female instructors are fully qualified DVSA approved, and to ensure continuity we endeavour to run each course by the same instructor throughout.
- We cover the all-important test route areas around Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead, Cuckfield, Hassocks, Keymer & Hurstpierpoint.
- Our centres are in quieter locations in East Grinstead, Crawley & Burgess Hill, so you can build your confidence & experience before encountering busy roads.
Don't just take our word for it - see our latest Student Passes to see how effective our instruction is, and what our successful students have to say about us.
What Instruction Do We Provide?
Whatever stage you are at we have options tailored to your individual needs.
From our New Rider Course for those who want to try riding a motorbike before committing to the CBT and Full licence training, after that we offer our exclusive No 'L's Days which are great for riders that have recently passed their test and want a bit of road time or confidence building before going it alone or with buddys. While our Back to Biking Refreshers are for those with a full licence returning to motorcycle riding after a few years or any period of non biking.
Want to Know More?
Check out our Motorbike Training Information and Frequently Asked Questions to find out more about the type of licence you can apply for, the format of the tests, and what to expect from your lessons with MTS.
For your safety you must be able to communicate in English & have a basic knowledge of the highway code to complete any training with MTS. You must also wear appropriate clothing and footwear and without this you will be sent away and forfeit your training and fees. The list is non exhaustive but includes a minimum of jeans without holes, rips, tears, not shorts, skirts or track suits, and you must have sturdy footwear (ideally boots non steel toe cap), not sandals, Crocs, deck shoes or similar.
Get in Touch
For more information on any of our courses, including A1, A2, DAS (Category A) or CBT training, call us today: Crawley: 01293 850802 Burgess Hill: 01444 246714 / East Grinstead: 01342 890006, or visit our Contact page for details.
These are our OFFICE opening times not our TRAINING times: Monday-Thursday 9-5 Friday 9-4.30 Saturday 10-4, Sundays and bank holidays our offices are closed. Our training hours are not the same as our office hours.
CBT, NEW RIDER TRAINING & CONVERSION
FULL LICENSE LOCATION
Your full motorbike licence instruction will be from our site in Burgess Hill, where all the test routes run.
Not sure how much tuition you need to pass your test? Book a free assessment and we’ll quote you for only the instruction you need.