Thanks for booking your training with MTS Sussex. We look forward to the journey ahead with you.
To make sure things run smoothly for us both, we have the following Terms & Conditions which we would appreciate you taking a few moments to read as by booking with us you confirm you understand and agree to them.
Please note: by booking with MTS Sussex, you are agreeing to comply with the terms and conditions set out as follows and you confirm you have a current UK licence (or UK counterpart for foreign licences) and have no current or pending ban. If buying on behalf of someone else you are accepting and agreeing to the T's & C's on their behalf and as such you confirm they also understand and accept them:
For your safety you must be able to communicate in English & have a basic knowledge of the highway code to complete any training with MTS. You must also hold a UK drivers licence (or UK counterpart) and wear appropriate clothing and footwear and without this you will be sent away and forfeit your training and fees. For NRTC & CBT the list is non exhaustive but includes a minimum of jeans without holes, rips, tears, not shorts, skirts or track suits, and sturdy footwear (ideally boots non steel toe cap) not sandals, Crocs, canvas trainers or deck shoes or similar. Any training beyond NRTC/CBT, as well as the already mentioned, you must also have boots (non-steel toe cap) that cover your ankles. If when in a seated position, you have any bare skin showing between waist and toes we WILL NOT continue with your training. You will not be refunded or rescheduled.
If you are unsure that you will be able to ride for any size / height reason, please contact us before booking. Although we offer a 'low bike' option, this does not guarantee the lower bike will be suitable for you, therefore If you book and are considered unsafe to use our bike you will forfeit the training / fee. The same applies for clothing supplied by us.
As with any training/sport/activity, there may be risks involved, accidents, injuries, loss of earnings and any other damage/loss/financial, physical or otherwise are solely the responsibility of the student and not in any way the responsibility of MTS, please ensure you read the T's & Cs in full and pay particular attention regarding insurance, thank you.
Payments (credit/debit card/cash/bank transfer)
- As we have limited spaces on all CBT and one day only courses, we ask for payment in full at the time of booking, payment is non refundable should you cancel within 7 days, if you do not arrive or do not complete the course for any reason. Outside 7 days refund is subject to a minimum admin fee of £25.
- Full licence courses (DAS/A2/A1/AA/Back to Biking/Refresher/No L's Days) require either a £200 non-returnable deposit upon booking to reserve your place, or full payment (£200 of which will be used as a non refundable deposit.) If the booking is made less than 14 working days of the course start date payment must be in full at time of booking. £200 will be kept as a non refundable deposit if paying the full amount for any course.
- After receipt of your deposit the balance will be automatically debited 14 working days prior to the commencement of your training. Unfortunately due to bank charges MTS cannot accept payment by Cheque.
MTS Customer Cancellation/No Show Policy
- There is a set syllabus for the CBT, which means we need to be strict on arrival time to ensure we cover everything in detail, therefore customers arriving late for the CBT will unfortunately not be able to complete the training, and will forfeit the full cost of the CBT without refund or credit note.
- As training spaces are limited, if a customer decides for any reason to cancel / postpone their CBT, New Rider Training or any training other than a complete course/package (see terms below) MTS ask for a minimum notice via email of 7 days to be able to issue a refund or to reschedule (minus an admin fee of £25.00 per person, per day & £5 per person on a New Rider Course plus any applicable test fees in either case).
- Any rescheduled / on hold training is non refundable if cancelled.
- Training can only be rescheduled (as per above time restrictions) a maximum of three times, after which you forfeit the training without any refund. On Hold training expires after 3 months of original booking date, after which you forfeit the training and fees any future training is payable in full.
- With any other training MTS will have allocated an instructor in advance, so should a customer decide to cancel / postpone their training, we ask for 14 days notice via email to issue a full refund (minus a £200 deposit and £25 admin fee plus any applicable test fees.) For monies paid to be held for rescheduling (admin & test fees as above may apply) we also ask for a 14 working day notice via email. If the training is booked within 14 working days prior to the start date, we will have allocated an instructor and reserved the place for you on the course, so unfortunately the full amount must be paid upon booking and no refund will be issued if the course is then cancelled.
- If the customer cancels training without giving 14 working days notice we will not be able to issue a refund or reschedule thus all monies paid in this instance are NON REFUNDABLE.
- If a customer decides to end their training during any part of the course, as their place on that course will have been reserved for them, no amount of monies will be refunded, nor will any monies be held for any future training or purpose.
- Should a customer reschedule their training for any reason, they will not receive under any circumstances, a full or partial refund for the rescheduled training/tests, even if they chose to cancel the rescheduled training.
MTS Sussex/DVSA Cancellation Policy
- If under their duty of care an MTS instructor deems it necessary to cease training and /or in the case of CBT, does not issue the customer with a DL196 certificate and / or further training is recommended, no refund or credit note will be due and any further training will incur a cost. Please remember it will be a decision made for safety reasons and we are working in line with the DVSA/government regulations and required standards must be adhered to.
- The above also applies if incorrect / incomplete paperwork is provided for training or if the customer has no / insufficient Highway Code knowledge
- The above also applies if a customer arrives wearing inappropriate clothing.
- Government figures state 1 in 5 candidates do not complete the CBT on the first attempt, so please be aware if you do not safely complete all exercises or cannot achieve the standard set out by the DVSA, you will be required to rebook and pay for any further training and no refunds partial or otherwise will be made.
- If any part of your training is cancelled by MTS Sussex (unless it is due to the DVSA/government restrictions) for reasons other than the above, you will be offered alternative dates to complete your training. If this is not suitable a refund covering the remaining training time only will be made.
- Please note however if this is due to unsafe weather conditions, then any rescheduled training offered will not be refundable and tests will be chargeable to the customer if they have not been rescheduled directly between MTS & the DVSA. No refund will be due in such circumstances.
- MTS Sussex and the instructors are bound by a duty of care and if a customer becomes a danger to themselves or the public, and MTS Sussex cancel any further training due to this, no refund or credit note is due.
- MTS Sussex is not responsible for any DVSA (Driving Vehicle Standards Agency) training and/or test cancellations or failures. It remains the customer’s responsibility to book any retest and/or seek any appropriate compensation directly.
- Any deposit / payment made for training that is cancelled or postponed by customer or MTS Sussex within timescales previously mentioned, will be held by MTS Sussex for a maximum of 3 months from the original booking date, after this no monies will be refundable and any future training will be subject to full charge.
- MTS Sussex offer free assessments and the provision of booking the CBT ahead of any further training to avoid any error in customers booking incorrectly. Therefore MTS cannot be held responsible if a customer gives incorrect or misleading information resulting in inappropriate training being booked, or if a customer books training to commence immediately following a CBT whereby the customer fails to reach the appropriate standard to attain their DL196, thus cannot continue the training. In this instance all monies will be forfeit and any further training will be charged at full rate.
- Any training rescheduled/suspended/cancelled/put on hold by, or due to a decision of the government/DVSA for any reason will be held without refund full/partial. If the customer chooses to cancel during this period they must request via email and will forfeit any training already undertaken and any further training/test fees already paid for - there is no refund in these circumstances as MTS/DVSA will resume as/when deemed safe/possible by the government/DVSA.
Customer Document & Clothing Responsibilities
It is a legal requirement that all necessary & relevant documentation is valid and remains in the customers possession throughout their training. This includes:
- During CBT – photo card or passport with older style paper licence with category A or P. Licences will be checked for authenticity and training will be immediately cancelled without refund if the licence proves fake.
- Assessments – As above
- Training for full (and/or restricted) licence – As above plus a valid CBT certificate & a valid motorcycle theory test certificate. Licences will be checked for authenticity and training will be immediately cancelled without refund if the licence proves fake.
- Any other training – A valid full UK driving licence with category A (and passport with older style paper licence). Licences will be checked for authenticity and training will be immediately cancelled without refund if the licence proves fake.
- If the customer uses their own moped or motorbike for any training with MTS Sussex, they are also required to show – current MOT if vehicle is over 3 years old, valid insurance policy (min third party,) and the bike must have valid road fund licence and display L plates front and rear if applicable ie: customer is a learner rider.
- As a road user everyone is required to be able to read a registration plate at 20.5 meters or 67ft with glasses or contact lenses if worn.
- Please be sure to meet the above requirements and ensure you have all the correct documents prior to booking and training as without these MTS will unfortunately be unable to continue with your training / tests, and as such no refund will be payable and any rescheduled training will be at full cost.
- As motorcycle clothing can be expensive and often bought at the time of the bike purchase, MTS Sussex may provide motorbike jackets, helmets, gloves, hi viz vests and waterproof over trousers for customer to use during their training (size range between XS-2XL, if you require a size outside this range you must provide your own. MTS will not reschedule or refund your training if any clothing/equipment we supply is not suitable for you.) For hygiene reasons we do not offer boots or motorcycle trousers that are worn against the skin. It is a DVLA requirement for every candidate to wear a minimum of jeans (not skinny and no rips or tears) and non steel toe cap boots on test, we are unable to present you to test without, so please ensure you have suitable clothing and footwear during training and when going to test with us. It remains the responsibility of the customer to wear suitable attire throughout their training as MTS Sussex cannot be held responsible for any injury, loss or damage through wearing items provided or not.
For the customers own safety, should they arrive wearing inappropriate clothing / footwear, MTS Sussex reserve the right to cancel training without refund, and any rescheduled training will be charged at full cost.
Highway Code Basic Knowledge
For your own safety, it is essential that before you do ANY training with MTS Sussex, YOU MUST HAVE BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF THE HIGHWAY CODE, and before you can take your bike test you need to have passed your THEORY TEST, which we recommend you do prior to any training beyond the CBT.
If using your own bike you must provide evidence of current road tax, insurance and MOT (if applicable.) Your bike must be roadworthy and display full size L-Plates front and rear. Your bike must not have an after market / noisy exhaust, if your instructor deems the bike unacceptable you will forfeit your training unless you hire one of MTS school bikes (if available) and pay the difference in cost. You must wear an approved safety helmet, motorcycle jacket and gloves along with a minimum of sturdy footwear and jeans without rips/tears. If you arrive without any of the above you will forfeit your training.
Insurance Excess / Damage or Loss to Bikes & Equipment
- Personal insurance to cover cancellations, accident or personal injury and /or loss of work or any other kind are the responsibility of the customer and MTS Sussex are under no circumstances liable. MTS Sussex recommends customers make their own arrangements for such if they feel it necessary to be covered.
- During any training with MTS Sussex customers must accept whilst using the training schools' bikes and equipment, they are liable to pay an excess of the first £350 (whilst using a moped) the first £500 (whilst using a bike up to & including 125cc) and whilst training on any motorcycle over 125cc they are liable to pay an excess of the first £750 for any loss or damage to machines or equipment caused during training sessions.
- The customer authorises MTS to debit the payment method on the secure system for any damages / insurance excess / fuel used but unpaid for.
- We do not claim through the insurance for any minor bumps or scrapes as hope the customer will be reasonable enough to make payment covering such things. For example if a mirror costing £15 was damaged, we would appreciate the customers courtesy of offering payment to replace it rather than being asked.
- Whilst training with MTS Sussex, should any customer become involved in or cause an accident or incident due to not following instructions or by becoming separated from the instructor, the insurance will be invalidated and ALL COSTS including the full recovery & repair of the vehicles involved will be the customers responsibility.
- It is a forever changing world, therefore prices and T’s & C’s may change at any time without prior notification. MTS Sussex T’s & C’s apply to all training booked including wrong training and cancellation policy.
- Full day rate is chargeable for the first half hour of any morning and / or afternoon to cover costs incurred on that day.
Please remember apart from the NRTC & CBT, fuel is the students responsibility so you are required to top up the bike at the end of each training day. If using your own bike fuel is solely your responsibilty throughout including NRTC & CBT.
- The customer authorises MTS to debit the payment method on the secure system for any fuel used but unpaid for during training other than the NRTC / CBT.
Wellbeing (Medical conditions, disabilities & Special needs)
For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, it is essential that MTS Sussex is made aware of any medical conditions, disabilities or any special needs that may affect the customer during training. Although it shouldn’t prohibit training, it is essential that the instructor is aware of any condition that may affect the student. Please discuss any conditions / concerns at the time of booking to ensure your safety throughout the training. Failure to disclose any medical condition / special needs could mean the training is compromised and may result in MTS cancelling at the expense of the customer.
All vouchers are non-refundable and non returnable. They cannot be exchanged for anything other than training with MTS Sussex on a value basis. If you use a voucher/s toward any training and pay the balance by other means, should you cancel the training, the amount refunded will be calculated from the amount paid by other means, not any amount paid by vouchers, and is subject to all cancellation fees/charges as per our cancellation policy above. Training has to be completed within 12 months of voucher purchase date. Vouchrers cannot be redeemend for dates outside the 12 month period of purchase. By purchasing / redeeming a voucher you are agreeing to the T's & C's as purchaser and user of the voucher (ie rider)
Last updated 20/07/19